We are watching you, Bryan, and we don't like what we see.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Here is why I don't like Bryan Masche
I watched the marathon last night on WE.
I officially can not stand Bryan Masche. Like can't stand him MORE than I can't stand Kate Gosselin, which says a lot.
Here are the reasons why I hate him.
1) He used the word Retarded twice. Both times were about his wife...once right to her face, another time to the camera about her. I would let the word "retarded" slide IF he were 12 or 13 and actually REFERRING to someone with a mental disability. I could then say, "Well, he doesn't know better." But to his WIFE? To his MINISTER? NO, not acceptable.
2) He quit his rather lucrative "pharmaceutical sales" job to "pursue his dream" of being a financial planner in Destin, FL. It HAD to be Destin, not Miami or Ft Myers or somewhere more populated. Destin. He found a commission only type job there, then proceeded to study for the Series 7 test for 8 weeks. Because he was "studying", he could do no child care or be distracted by the children in any way. (I don't know much about this test, other than friends of mine studied for it WHILE working full time.)
3) While he is "studying", they had to rent out their house (no way they could sell it before they moved. Great Financial planning there, Bryan) so they moved in with her parents. This INCREASED Jenny's drive time to work to some outrageous amount...3 to 4 hour commute ONE WAY, then a 12 hour shift, then another very long drive home. So that Bryan can study to pursue his "dream."
4) Bryan (and Jenny) both subscribe to the "women are submissive to the man" doctrine, so Jenny has to go along with this insanity. She SAYS she is going along with the move because it will "help their marriage to be just us" but she also is very close and dependent on her family.
5)While driving to Florida from Arizona, he apparently got into some sort of political argument with his father in law. Yes, his father in law who is heartbroken about his only grandchildren moving far away, but IS HELPING THEM MOVE ANYWAY. When Jenny called him out on it, he went off about how HE WAS RIGHT! It doesn't matter, Bryan. It was not something that needed to be argued about and HE IS HELPING YOU MOVE. STFU and show some gratitude.
6) While packing, Bryan got frustrated because there were too many kids and snapped. Grandma was holding two of them and he grabbed one of them from her, harshly and quickly. He exploded, and people actually looked scared.
7) He bought a house without even letting his wife see it. Granted, she was being a bit of a bitch about it and they had to move quickly to get this one, but still...he bought it, picked out the paint, etc then had a fit when she wanted to put the furniture in a certain way and he didn't want it that way. He pulled the, "I am the head of the household and you are subservient" thing.
8) He is just an arrogant, aimless, fat, lazy prick who should never have had children. Personally, I think he is jealous of Jenny's relationship with her family and wants to end that however he can. SHE is working full time in Florida, too...while he apparently "works" at his financial planning commissions job. Previews for next week have her saying, "So when are you going to start making some money?" Yikes.
9) Jenny's mom said, several times, that she was "worried for the children" with the move. I have no doubt that Bryan has the potential to be physically abusive. I am worried for them as well.
10) Jenny made a mistake and put regular fuel in the diesel engine. Bryan said, "Everyone clap for mommy!" and continued on about it later in the interview. Yes, it was a mistake. Bryan lost the key to the house (after a very long, cross country drive!) and his father in law "somehow" got the garage open. Gee, Bryan...let's all clap for daddy!
I am not sure I can watch this anymore. Although I like Jenny a lot more than I liked either Jon or Kate, I keep waiting for her to find her voice and say, "This is a stupid idea, and I am NOT moving my kids away from their grandparents!" But, she didn't. She went along with this stupid idea. That makes her an accessory in whatever abuse the kids endure along the way.
I am beginning to wonder if TLC/WE whoever has a goal in mind to make marriages unravel on air. I give the Masches a ZERO percent chance of being married when the kids turn 18, and despite their strong faith, I don't think they will make it another 5 years. Nor should they. I wanted Jon and Kate to work it out, but I don't with these clowns. Jenny is a physicians assistant...she would be fine financially without him OR the show. I think she is probably working HARDER now than she would be if she dumped him and moved back to AZ.